If you already know me, you know my love for sweets tends to infinity and beyond *a Buzz Lightyear moment*. I was craving sugar and rather than going to get a chocolate bar, I wanted cookies and I wanted to make them from scratch.
So, I went and got all the ingredients that I was missing and made them from scratch following the recipe on the Betty Crocker Website. If you are dieting, be warned because it’s too darn good! Even my dad approved!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (means 1 packet of Lurpack)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (plus a bit more when you stir it)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Pre-heat lower part of the oven to max (that’s what I did)
- Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Round as much as you like and add them on to an ungreased sheet
- Bake until you see the edges turn a gold. Then place them on a higher stand and decrease lower heat and turn on the top part of the oven, till they turn also gold.
(If you don’t like them crunchy, don’t do the last part.)
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
It took a while to prepare them, and adjust the stoves heat settings, 2 hours for 2 batches + prep time. But they taste super goood!
Tell me how they turn out if you try them.
Follow me on Social Media: