I’m about to change the theme about what I usually talk about, because I know some girls just go to their local hairdresser and they don’t know what works for their face and with all their tweezing and plucking they get those sperm brows.
Perfectly groomed brows frame the face, and if done correctly, can act as an instant eye-lift. They set up your eye area making any eye shadow, liner and or mascara pop and ensuring your eyes become the focal point. I’m more of a team natural, and I love thick brows. In my early teens, I was so ashamed of them until I tweezed them into oblivion, that was until I met a good aesthetician that shaped them pretty well. Well, my luck didn’t stay for too long, she would thin them or she would cut the brow end which would make my face look rounder than it is. Bohoo me. That’s why I’m writing something that hits so close to my heart. *internal sobbing*
1. Find your Face Shape:
Knowing your face shape is as important as the style of the brow itself.
- Round Face: To minimize the curve of a round face, direct the outer third of your brow towards the top of the ear.
- Square Face: If the face is square, direct the outer third of your brow toward the middle of the ear. This helps balance the face.
- Long Face: If the face is long, keep the brow more straight across, directing the outer third above the ear.
- Oval Face: An oval face already looks balanced, but to enhance this harmony, you can direct the outer third towards the ear lobe.
2. Cutting them:
I found this video on youtube. Although it’s for mature women, but the method of cutting is actually pretty amazing and simple and tried it.
3. Shaping your brows:
No matter your face shape, these three lines on the side should be the golden rule to follow.
a. Brow begins: align the flat edge of a straight makeup brush to the outside of your nose/inner corner of your eye.
b. Arch: taking your brush and laying it diagonally from your nostril to the outside edge of your iris.
c. End: create a line from the outside corner of your nose diagonally to the outside corner of your eye
Tweeze after shaping them!!
If you make mistakes don’t worry.
- Add Cold pressed castor oil or even Vaseline onto them at night, this would promote the regrowth and thickening of brows,
- And fill them in with brow powder as you wait for them to grow